Since its establishment in 1876, the Athens Exchange (ATHEX), constantly supports the growth and development of the Greek Economy and the companies listed on the exchange.
At the same time, ATHEX has assisted the Greek State in its effort to raise capital through more than 17 privatizations.
ATHEX constitutes a developed and secure market for the admission to trading of securities, which:
- is governed by the uniform European Regulatory Framework, being entirely conformed to Directives and Regulations,such as:
- Transparency and Disclosure Requirements (2004/109/EU)
- Harmonization of Financial Instruments' Markets (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive - MiFID)
- Prospectus Contents and Disclosure Requirements (809/2004),
- Shareholders' rights (2007/36/EU)
- Inside Information and Market Manipulation (2003/6/ EU),
- Employs advanced technology, in order to bring in contact listed companies and investors (local and international) - promptly and efficiently - through a trading platform, while ensuring fair securities' pricing mechanisms, along with transparency rules and provision of sufficient information to the investing public.
ADVANTAGES OF GOING PUBLIC - WHY ATHEX
Listing on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX) is a significant strategic decision for all companies, regardless of the economic sector they belong to. By listing on ATHEX, a company can achieve:
- Financial enhancement of its capital structure and expansion of its sources and potential for financing, through the access to the secondary market.
- Enhancement of its visibility and reputation, which facilitates:
- Business partnerships, agreements and strategic alliances, or improvement in their terms of agreement
- Internal company coordination
- Relations with customers and suppliers
- Attraction of highly skilled senior executives
- Improvement in Corporate Governance, through the adoption of contemporary administrative structures and - transparency principles.
- Continuous and timely valuation.
- Participation in indexes used as benchmatks or for Financial products trading.
New Listings Prospectuses
Laws and Regulations
|50 47 11 64|